Your dental restorations can last a long time, but it is possible they can come loose or fall out. The best thing you can do for your crown, bridge, implant or dentures is to practice good oral hygiene and home care.
- Visit your dentist and hygienist for recommended cleanings and check ups.
- Brush and floss twice a day to keep you teeth and gums healthy.
- If you have a bridge, floss daily between your natural teeth (or implants) and under the false tooth/teeth. A floss threader may be used to allow floss underneath a bridge.
- Water flossers, such as Waterpik, may be very beneficial in helping your restorations last a long time. Along with using water to irrigate, it has been proven that diluted non-antimicrobial rinse can be extremely helpful.
- Avoid chewing ice or other hard foods to protect your dental restoration.
- If you have a removable partial or denture, it is important to brush and clean them every day.
With daily care and regular check ups, your dental restorations can last a lifetime! Invest in yourself and protect your investment! If you have any questions on what your home care should be, please ask us! (801) 621-2703