A common dental emergency includes a knocked-out tooth. Don't panic just yet! Follow a few instructions and the tooth may be saved. Here's what to do if you knock out a tooth.
1. When handling the tooth, try your best to only touch the top part (chewing surface).
2. If the tooth is dirty, gently rinse with warm water. Do NOT scrub or use toothpaste/soap. Also do NOT dry or wrap the tooth.
3. If possible, immediately place tooth back in the socket and position correctly.
4. Keep tooth moist! If it's not possible to reposition back in the socket, place in milk or inside the mouth next to the cheek.
5. Call your dentist to see if they can see you as soon as possible! Preferably within 30 minutes to an hour.